Cascade FC Tryout Information
All tryouts (except as may be specifically noted) will be held at Community Park at Snoqualmie Ridge -- 6:00-7:30 pm. There are 2 soccer fields at this location. The UPPER field is above the parking lot. The lower field is at street level. Player check-in will be at the lower field end of the building housing the restrooms. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to start time to check-in and get assigned a tryout jersey. Scroll down the page for additional information concerning tryouts.
35201 SE Ridge Street
Snoqualmie, Washington 98065
Boys Under 9: April 30, May 2
Boys Under 10: May 6, May 8
Boys Under 11: May 7, May 9
Boys Under 12: April 29, May 1
Boys Under 13: April 29, May 1
Boys Under 14: May 11 (9am-10:30am), May 13
Boys Under 15: May 11 (9am-10:30am), May 13
Girls Under 9: April 30, May 2
Girls Under 10: May 6, May 8 UPPER FIELD
Girls Under 11: May 7, May 9 UPPER FIELD
Girls Under 12: April 30, May 2
Girls Under 13: April 29, May 1
Girls Under 14: May 11(9am-10:30am), May 13
Girls Under 15: May 11(9am-10:30am), May 13
Girls Under 16: May 7, May 9
High School Girls (Girls Under 16, 17, 18): May 6, May 8
Cascade FC B97 (BU16): Tryouts are concluded for this age. If you wish to make contact with the coach about openings, please email CascadeFCB97@snvysa.org
Cascade FC B96 (BU17): Tryouts are concluded for this age. If you wish to make contact with the coach about openings, please email CascadeFCB96@snvysa.
2013 Qualifying Age Categories
- U9 born on or after 08-01-2004
- U10 born on or after 08-01-2003
- U11 born on or after 08-01-2002
- U12 born on or after 08-01-2001
- U13 born on or after 08-01-2000
- U14 born on or after 08-01-1999
- U15 born on or after 08-01-1998
- U16 born on or after 08-01-1997
- U17 born on or after 08-01-1996
- U18 born on or after 08-01-1995
What Should Players Expect?
1. Each age group will have two 1.5 hour tryout sessions. A third session may be scheduled to ensure the evaluators get a chance to see everyone.
2. The team coaches from the age group will be running the sessions with independent outside evaluators and other Cascade FC head coaches evaluating all players on a numerical standard from 1 (low) to 5 (high). (See Bylaws, Article XII, for more specific info.)
3. Player scores are logged into a computer, and an average score is generated for each player.
4. U12 and older teams may have as many players rostered as allowed by US Club Soccer but only a maximum of 18 players may be rostered on a game day roster; U11 teams will have a roster of 13-14 players; U10 teams will have a maximum roster of 14 players; U9 will have a maximum roster of 12 players.
5. All players will be notified of their placement via their tryout number being posted on the website and/or by the team coach.
What Is Required for Tryouts?
1. Shinguards (mandatory)
2. Field-appropriate shoes (sessions will be on grass and/or turf fields; molded cleats are good for turf surfaces)
3. Water (only water is permitted on the turf fields)
4. Weather appropriate clothing (dress in layers)
5. Copy of birth certificate (if player did not play for Cascade FC last fall)
6. $25.00 made payable to SnVYSA if player did not play under Washington Youth Soccer or US Club Soccer during the 2012/2013 season (indoor soccer, CYO, Boys & Girls Club and/or school soccer does not qualify; this is a mandatory registration fee and not a tryout fee)
7. Do not wear any clothing or uniform pieces from present or past teams that in any way identifies the team or club.
8. No jewelry is allowed. Tape to cover jewelry is not allowed. Please leave ALL jewelry at home.
Coaching Staff - 2013/2014 Season
Cascade FC B04 Green (BU9) - Applications being accepted; UK Elite trainer in place
Cascade FC B04 White (BU9) - Applications being accepted; UK Elite trainer in place
Cascade FC B03 Green (BU10) - Tristan O'Neil, UK Elite trainer
Cascade FC B03 White (BU10) - Tait Lane, UK Elite trainer
Cascade FC B02 Green (BU11) - Daniel Lock
Cascade FC B02 White (BU11) - Applications being accepted; UK Elite trainer in place
Cascade FC B01 Green (BU12) - Shane Jennings
Cascade FC B01 White (BU12) - Benjamin Britton
Cascade FC B00 Green (BU13) - Mark Niemela
Cascade FC B99 (BU14) - Ivo Koster
Cascade FC B98 Green (BU15) - Greg Roark
Cascade FC B98 White (BU15) - Gary Thomas
Cascade FC B97 (BU16) - Phil Williamson
Cascade FC B96 (BU17) - Dan Paczosa
Cascade FC G04 (GU9) - Annabelle Ross
Cascade FC G03 (GU10) - Shelly Washington-Woodruff
Cascade FC G02 (GU11) - Nicole Rousseau
Cascade FC G01 Green (GU12) - Dave Weller
Cascade FC G01 White (GU12) - Steve Bunting
Cascade FC G00 Green (GU13) - Steve Lilleberg
Cascade FC G00 White (GU13) - Jim Phelps
Cascade FC G99 (GU14) - Jan Smisek
Cascade FC G98 (GU15) - Alex Hickox
Cascade FC G97 (GU16) - Chris Simonson
Cascade FC High School Girls Green - Chuck Krieble
Cascade FC High School Girls White - Brian Arnot
Cascade FC Costs and Fees
Participating in ADP costs more than the recreational program. Here is an estimate for the fees and expenses to expect:
- ADP Tryout Fee
- ADP Tryout Sign-up
- SnVYSA Registration - $300.00
- 2013/2014 Cascade FC registration fee - $240.00
2013/2014 Cascade FC administration fee - $60.00
- Team Assessment
- Variable. Typically dependent upon number of tournaments entered, gym and artificial turf practices, field lights, first aid supplies, keeper gear, reimbursement for coach expenses, other team expenses (the total amount will vary according to each team's goals and objectives)
- $225.00 (approx)
- Coach Stipend
- Monthly stipend per player is dependent on age group, team's playing level and coach's license level. Range is between $25.00 and $50.00 per month.
Cascade FC Policy on Playing Up
For players contemplating trying out for an older team, please be aware of the following:
U9 and U10 teams - younger player must place in the top 5
U11 through U14 teams - younger player must place in the top half of the total number of players taken onto a team
U15 through U19 teams - dependent on individual team needs
Special circumstances may exist that would warrant additional consideration. Any such consideration would be on a case by case basis by the Club Administrator (and possibly the SnVYSA BOD) and would not set precedent for other situations or future circumstances.